"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, December 19, 2011

New Post!!


Well, it's been a while, to sum it up...

November was terrible for me, I went back into the hospital the Sunday after Thanksgiving, stayed there for 3 days, decided that I need to stop waiting for other people to do all the work to fix me, it's not going to happen without me doing some of the work, and am doing somewhat better (with a lot of support and help from family and friends).

Christmas is nearly here and I think we're pretty much ready!

I've rediscovered crocheting and have been crocheting hats and scarves for our family and basically the entire neighborhood, I'm running out of people to make hats for. :) This hat on Debbie is my latest obsession. The one on Cosette is the pattern that hooked me.

Chad's Dad dressed up as Santa Claus at his work on Saturday and we took the kids to go see him. Michelle and Kyle were there and it was a lot of fun!

Isaac's always been a little jumpy around santa and I think he was totally weirded out that his grandpa was dressed like santa.
As we were getting ready to go home we were all out in the parking lot and this car drove by and a little girl leaned her head out the window looking very concerned and yelled, "Hey Santa! Where's your fat!?"
Now, for some cute stories...


For a while there Cosette got in the habit of coming in our bed almost everynight. We finally had enough and I told her she wasn't welcome in our bed anymore (harsh? maybe). Her first response was, "Ok, I won't come in your bed tonight... [pause] but I can come in tomorrow night?!" Umm, negative. "But I have nightmares!" So I told her to climb in bed with Debbie if she had a nightmare. Well, all was clear in our bed for a few days then one morning around 4 I feel a little body climbing into bed with us. "What are you doing in my bed!?!" Her sweet little voice... "But I didn't have a nightmare."


Isaac came home from school a couple weeks ago and was excited to tell me and my mom a story,

"Hey mom, my friend and me were sitting at town square today putting our hands like this and making our hands fart. Isn't that funny!?" [insert his awesome little boy laugh/giggle]

He was so innocent about it all, very sincere, he thought he was being hilarious. I love it.

I said, "Huh..... umm, that's not a very nice word buddy." and my mom added, "Yeah, girls don't really like that word.

He look genuinely surprised and confused... "Girls don't like that word?? [long pause] Do boys like that word? I like that word!! I think it's funny." [insert awesome laugh/giggle again]

Me: "When grandma was little, she would get her mouth washed out with soap if she said that word."

Isaac: "Huh, [pause while he thinks] does daddy wash his OWN mouth out with soap?"

Ahahaha! I gave up, he can love the word fart all he wants!

4 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

Those hats are so cute; crocheting is definitely one skill I definitely do not have. And that conversation with Isaac was awesome!

Mary Ludwig said...

You rock! And you found a CUTE pattern for a hat with ears! IT looks so great! Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful world of crocheting! Oh- and your kids are stinkin' adorable.

Becky said...

cute hats. Hope you continue to improve. Kids are so funny.

Unknown said...

I love those hats and scarves! You do good work! I love your kids stories, I wish I was better at recording the funny things my kids say.