"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson
Monday, November 5, 2012
A Spider Story...
I was on the phone with Chad this afternoon when I saw a spider. ON MY BED. WHERE I SLEEP. There's a small chance I *may* have overreacted a little, but really, it was a SPIDER. ON MY BED. So, we're chatting on the phone and suddenly I start screaming (it's a SPIDER!) and in my memory I'm screaming the word "spider" but apparently it was incoherent because all Chad heard was a bunch of screaming and he has no idea what's going on so he's walking through school thinking that one of us is dying and it's not until a minute later when I've transferred the spider to the floor so I can KILL it that he can finally understand what all the hullabaloo was all about. He wasn't too happy with me. "What is going on?!? Leah! What is going on?!? Are you alright?" Like I said, I *may* have overreacted, but seriously Chad, haven't we been married long enough for you to tell my "it's-a-spider-we're-all-gonna-die!" scream from my "it's-an-axe-murderer-we're-all-gonna-die!" scream?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment