


We did it!! I just dropped Debbie off for her first day of kindergarten, and I DIDN'T EVEN CRY!!! She, of course, was a champ. Walked right in and put her backpack on the hook. Although, as I was walking out the door she did begin to look a little overwhelmed with all the chaos [all the other parents were there too, so it was pretty chaotic], but there were no tears and she definitely did not want me to stay. She was totally ready. Poor Isaac though. When I got home and picked him and Cosette up from the babysitter he immediately asked me, "Is it time to go get my backpack now?" And he wants to go school shopping now too and he keeps asking who his teacher is going to be. This might take some adjusting. But you can't blame him, Debbie has ALWAYS been there, they have always been together, so this will take some getting used to.
I'll tell you what though, things sure are quiet around here right now... ☺
5 comments:
I know that feeling. It's so quiet here I keep thinking the kids are doing something bad (like jumping on Jarrett's bed with the door closed). I keep thinking I need to check on them and then I remember they're not here!
What a fun day for Debbie! It does take a few days to get used to having them in school but trust me you and the kids will get used to it fast enough.
Awe...kids grow up so fast. Good job on the not crying. I'm pretty sure I will cry.
She looks so cute ! So proud of both of you :)...knew you would do great.
She does look so cute and excited! I keep forgetting my kids are gone too. Kirsten is so lonely, I am a boring mom. I totally miss the quad and hanging out with you.
Post a Comment