"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Zoo!

Warning: LOTS of pictures ahead.

Chad's mom has been here for the past week and we've been loving having her here. The kids are eating up all the attention and love from her and Chad and I have been enjoying chatting with her and just spending time with her. She's been so helpful to me too; doing the dishes and helping out around the house. She also planned a very successful early birthday party for Isaac! I'm behind on blogging, so those pictures will come later.

Today was the last day of having her here so we decided to go to the zoo.

It was so much fun! The weather was perfect. Seriously, we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Sunny and warm, not hot, with a slight breeze. It was perfect.


The first exhibit we (attempted) to go into was, ironically enough, the phobia exhibit. I have no idea what was actually in there because, after we made it through the first set of doors the kids took one look at the wood walkway and the creepy sounds and took off out the door again.

Cosette wasn't really scared, but she took her cues from her siblings and ran out the door pretending to be scared anyway. :)

They ran to Grandma for comfort. :)

Chillin' at the elephant exhibit...

Throughout the zoo they had some animatronic dinosaurs that moved their heads, one even sprayed water. They freaked Isaac out. Anytime we had to walk past one he would shield himself behind one of us adults and cautiously eye it. This picture is him carefully watching the t-rex. I don't blame him for being scared of the t-rex because they made his eyes RED! Freaky.

I loved to watch the kids reaction to the different animals. I think this picture is funny because they're all kind of scared of this reptile (I can't remember what it was...).








I LOVED the look on their faces as they looked at the animals. It was so fun to see their looks of fascination, curiosity, wonder, and sometimes fright.

As Chad and I were looking through the pictures this evening Chad commented that this was a unique view of the zoo because I didn't take any pictures of animals, only us. The way I figure it is that I can find MUCH better pictures of the animals on the internet, and our kids are much cuter and more interesting to look at.



This sign made me laugh.







Taking an ice-cream break...



Playing at the park at the end...



I think this might have been the kids favorite part about the whole thing.


We left the zoo and headed to the Cheesecake factory for a birthday dinner for Aunt Michelle and Chad (Chad turned 30 this year!). It was delicious and I ate myself silly. I can't remember the last time I've stuffed myself so thoroughly.


Overall it was an ideal and wonderful day. The kind of day where you're exhausted and happy at the end of it.


Thank you Shauna for spending time with us and taking us to the zoo and out to dinner!

4 comments:

Suze said...

Glad you had a great day , Genne and I missed you...When I took the kids to the zoo, I did not even go where the reptiles are, I am a "bit" scare of them ( I waited outside with Genne)

The Mathis Family said...

Fun! We love the zoo too. I wish we were closer to it. My girls LOVE animals and I love watching them watch the animals.

Kimberly said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Glad you could have fun and time together. Grateful for (Shauna?), she's sounds like a great lady. Glad you took pics of the kids and not the animals, they always look the same anyway. I love the zoo and plan to go there this summer.

S.K. said...

I think Cosette's hair is adorable. Just so you know. =)