"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Friday, April 29, 2011

Debbie's Birthday

It's Isaac's turn to have a big birthday party this year because Debbie had a big one last year (we've decided we're going to do a big party for ages 5 and 8 and then whatever we decide after that.). Debbie has handled it really well, she took it gracefully and didn't pout or complain or anything. I took her and her friend Joy to Mcdonald's to get a happy meal on Wednesday. Joy and Debbie are such good friends, they're friends from school and I remember that first week of school Debbie came home and told me that she has a new best friend named Joy and they really have been best friends.




Then yesterday morning Debbie asked me if I had her birthday muffins yet (Debbie doesn't like cake, she prefers muffins). I didn't. For some reason I associated birthday cake/muffins with a party. I'm such a terrible mother! It wasn't until she said that that I realized that she needs a cake even when she doesn't have a party! So, I went to Costco and bought her some muffins and then invited neighbors and friends over for an impromptu "sing to Debbie" party.

My friend was nice enough and persistent enough to light the candles. The small breeze kept blowing them out.


I have no idea why Debbie is plugging her nose. Maybe she was trying not to breath on the candles and blow them out?





I thought it was a success and I'm grateful for friends and neighbors who joined us and helped make Debbie's day a little more special!

No comments: