"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, April 18, 2011

Not Working

I managed to completely TRASH my back this weekend. I couldn't move without excruciating pain. Monday, as the kids and I were going to pick up Chad from school, Isaac said to me, "Mommy, are you going to tell Daddy that your body isn't working?" I thought that was a cute take on the situation. And really, my body wasn't working. It's getting better, I spent the day on the couch. First at my sister's house. She's so wonderful. I called her on the way home from the chiropracter and 5 minutes later was at her house in tears. She totally let me crash on her couch and then took care of my kids and drove Debbie to school and stuff. I wouldn't have survived today without her. Then I spent the rest of the day at home on our couch and I think I'm feeling better. At least I'm not in constant pain anymore.
These poor kids. Always having to deal with a broken mother. One way or another I just can't seem to get it all together. And poor Chad! He's weary from having to pick up my slack. Hopefully I can get my life together sometime soon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am sorry to hear about your back, I hope everything gets better soon. It is always nice to have people around that are so willing to help out when you need them.