"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Awesome Husband :)

Chad won an award at the Annual Awards Banquet for the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry this evening! He won an award last year too, but this year is a different award. Last year the award he won was given to a few different people. This year he was the only one who got this particular award.

"Recognizes outstanding students who are conducting significant research in cancer or in other health related areas."

I'm so proud of him! He's just awesome.

Let's see if I can explain his research a little... He's trying to get blood to flow through a little chip (that he has designed and built) so that you can do a preliminary test for cancer (or whatever) right in the doctor's office instead of having to send out for bloodwork.

I love you so much Chad!! You're wonderful and brilliant and I'm so proud of you!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of years ago. So anything that can help cure that disease is great. Well done Chad!!

The Mathis Family said...

That's awesome!

Suze said...

Good job, Chad!!!!