"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Personal 'Good Idea'

I've felt this way in the past, but as I was watching General Conference this weekend I had this impression again. Now, my 'revelation,' if you will, regards ONLY me personally and our family. I am in NO way trying to even suggest that my thoughts apply to anyone other than me and my family. But, I also think that because this is our family blog, I want to document my impressions as they apply to the family. So, here it is...
Recently I've begun thinking about having another baby. I'm not really baby hungry, it's just that the kids are growing up and soon it will just be me and Cosette at home and I'm worried that I'm going to get bored and I do want to have more children in the future so why not now? Not the best reason to have a baby, I know, but we're sent here to multiply and replenish the earth so how could wanting to have a baby be wrong? Well, actually, for me there are a few reasons. But, the reason that I think is the real reason is that I need to learn to be a good, righteous, teaching mother to the children we have already brought into this world. There are many things that I need to be doing that I am not doing. For instance, scripture study. I need to prepare these kids to face and conquer the different temptations that satan is going to throw at them and scripture study is vital to that, and I'm currently not doing a good job at it. I'm not really doing it at all. I remember occasionally and try to do it but then I just forget and get busy with other things. So, that is one major thing that I need to solidify before we have more children. I need to be better at keeping my patience and being loving and involved in their lives. I just need to be a better mother. I know I'm not living up to my potential as a mother, I know that I can do better. So, before I take on the task of bringing more children into this world, I must be a better mother to the children that have already been entrusted to my care. These kids are going to face so many challenges as they grow and it is my responsibility to give them the tools to adequately face those challenges! So, instead of taking on more responsibility by bringing more spirits into this world, I need to live up to the responsibilities that I already have. Then, maybe sometime in the future, God will let me know that I'm trustworthy enough to be blessed with more of His children to raise and mold and teach.
I know this all sounds rather sappy, but it's what I feel is the guidance that I have recieved from my Father in heaven. So, those are my goals, and I will live up to them because I must live up to them.

1 comment:

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

You're a good mom Leah - I'm glad you are willing to have kids and that you want them to grow up knowing the Gospel and having a mom that is a great example to them :)