"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So... It's been a while

Well, it's been a while since I've posted so this post is huge but it's mostly pictures.

Isaac had his big 5th birthday party, he had it in April because that's when Grandma Westerson was here and she was the one who planned it all and made it all look awesome, sadly, somehow I managed NOT to get a picture of her. Bummer. :(

But, here are some of the pictures from the party, it was quite a success! A lot of people came to show their love to Isaac and I was really grateful for them all, because we sure love this kid!

Here he is before the party started...


And this was my attempt at getting a good picture of all three kids
One of the activities was to race to see which team could put their dinasaur puzzle together first.
Isaac's cousin's Andy and Dallon won. :)

The MUST HAVE pinata!

Blowing out his candles... what you don't see here (because I can't figure out how to get the picture my friend sent me) is Isaac chewing out the little girl next to him (the one helping him blow out his candles) because she kept blowing out his candles while we were singing to him so Chad had to keep relighting them. It's a pretty awesome picture, he knows how to assert himself. :)

Uncle Ron is a favorite among the nieces and nephews! I sure appreciate him and look up to him, he's so great about being there for family, he volunteered to bring down a whole slew of the Shapiro cousin's so they could come to the party, totally awesome. And Ben and Heidi brought their boys too so we had a really good turnout from my family, I was so excited to see them all!

Opening presents... there are a ton of pictures and I couldn't just pick a few so I put them into collages in an effort to fit them all in. He has quite a few priceless expressions in these pictures.





This is me and Baby Genne, she's so funny (and adorable!) because for some reason she really likes me. She comes over and sits in my lap while we're on the playground and sometimes when she's upset she'll let me calm her down and cuddle her. It makes me feel so special, I love it.

I hope Isaac doesn't hate me when he's older for this picture, but I just couldn't resist. We were outside playing one day when I realized that Isaac had gone upstairs to go potty a while ago and hadn't come back down yet so I decided to go check on him and this is what I found. He was fast asleep on the toilet! I woke him up because I figured he must be uncomfortable but then I felt bad because he was so grumpy when he woke up. Poor kiddo.



3 comments:

Becky said...

The kids had a great time at the party and it was so nice of Ron to take them down. i was able to paint both my bathrooms with them gone all day =)

The Mathis Family said...

I love the sleeping on the toilet picture! So hillarious!

Suze said...

We had a great time at his party and I am so glad you got a picture of you and Gennie...She sure loves you :)