We had a special visitor for Christmas this year... Influenza!! Debbie got it first, two days before Christmas. Then Isaac showed symptoms on Christmas Day and then Cosette got it a couple days after that. And Chad was sick too so we've just been a bundle of fun this Christmas break. We know it was the actual flu because we took Isaac in and they tested him. Influenza type B, whatever that means. The kids have all been pretty miserable with their fever hovering around 103 without medication. So, we've watched hours and hours of tv and the kids have napped more than they've napped since they were toddlers. But, we seem to have survived it and hopefully will all be healthy again before school starts. And, in spite of being sick, I feel like we had a wonderful Christmas anyway. We stayed home basically the entire time to try and avoid spreading our germs (except for the Sunday before Christmas when we went up to see Grandma and Grandpa Rogers and Debbie's fever made it's entrance, I really hope we didn't get anyone sick.). Grandma and Grandpa Shapiro and Uncle Jack came over on Christmas morning to open presents with us and then we skyped with Grandma Westerson while we opened the presents from her so we had a pretty family-filled holiday. I didn't take as many pictures this year because my Christmas present was a camcorder and I wanted to use that so we have a lot of video just not so many pictures.
Grandma Westerson sent the kids Christmas clothes again this year and I LOVE the dresses the girls got, they are beautiful and so elegant.
Debbie got a bracelet maker from Santa...
Cosette got a fairy dress-up from Santa and this LaLaLoopsy treehouse from Grandma...
And Isaac got the bayblades that he wanted from Grandma and Grandpa Rogers (with a couple from Santa too) and then Isaac and Cosette got scooters like Debbie's so now they all 3 have fun scooters.
And here's a picture of Isaac zonked out on the couch with a fever. The dr. said to let the fever do it's thing, which was hard for me to do because I hate seeing my kids miserable so we let the fever burn more than we normally would have but also tried to keep them comfortable.
1 comment:
Hi Leah, Merry Christmas!!! So glad you had such a good time even though the kids were sick. Well we had a good Christmas too but also sickness visited us in the form of "stomach virus" Madison started on Christmas day and passed it on to the rest. We really wanted to have come a visited you but we didn't want to spread the virus. We had a miserable trip back with Giselle being sick everywhere even in the middle of Dennys...great!
I just wanted to say that I'm gutted that I didn't get to see you and I miss you. Madison was very sad she didn't get to see Debbie. By the way I LOVE the kids scooters now you have the job of watching all the kids in the quad not to touch them....hehehe.
Love
Sara
Post a Comment