"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby

There is so much about pregnancy that I just forgot about. Not that I mind, I'm pretty sure if women remembered everything about pregnancy Eve would have stopped with one and that would have been that. So I'm grateful for the memory lapse, but here are a few things I'm re-realizing (or some things that are all together new this time around)...
- I miss laying on my back. It's a bit of a pain trying to get comfortable already and I'm barely showing!
- I cannot believe how much I pee. ALL. THE. TIME. Like, oh hey, we're running out the door so let me pee real quick even though I seriously peed less than FIVE minutes ago, kind of all the time. It's insane!!
- I love how it feels when the baby is kicking and moving around, that has got to be one of the best feelings in the world. And it's even more amazing now when I think about how little he/she is and it feels all the more special because I know that, for now at least, it's just between me and baby. I love love love it. It's like a special treat for mom, like saying, "I know I put you through hell that first trimester with morning sickness and exhaustion and hormones so here's a little treat, how about I say hello to you before anyone else." So wonderfully amazing.
- Speaking of hormones... they are evil, terrible things that are here for the sole purpose of ruining lives. On a side note: I find it funny that the very same word can mean such a different thing when applied to men vs. women. "Wow, he must be feeling hormonal" has SUCH a different meaning than, "Wow, she must be feeling hormonal." Just sayin'.
That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I'll add to the list as things progress.
I have started getting progesterone shots to help lower the risk of having another premature baby. I have to get the shot every week from here on out and one nurse had told me that I could either go in for a nurses visit once a week or they could show me how to do the shots myself and I was thinking of something akin to an insulin shot so I was like, "sure, why not?" Then I went in last week to get the shot and she pulled out this HUGE needle and proceeded to give me a shot in the hip for like 2 full minutes because there is so much of the progesterone that needs to go in. So yeah, I will NOT be doing those shots myself.
Our ultrasound is scheduled for 2 weeks from now and we will be finding out the gender (as long as baby cooperates anyway) so we're excited. I have been a lot more nervous this time around, I think I'm a little more aware of just how miraculous healthy babies are and I worry all the time about everything that can go wrong, which is kinda funny when you know that one of the things I worry about is that I saw a study once that said that a baby is affected by the amount of anxiety a mother feels during pregnancy so now I worry that all my worrying is hurting the baby, it's a viscous circle.
The kids are all very excited for their baby brother or sister to come, the girls have decided that if it's a girl we'll name her Rosetta (that was Cosette's idea) and Isaac at one point said that, "If it's a girl then I'm not going to have any fun." But I'm pretty sure he'll love this one no matter what. :)

1 comment:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Okay first of al CONGRATULATIONS ! I haven't been on here since the post before the baby reveal! I'm excited for you. I can totally relate with the things you forget about pregnancy. It makes it so much more fun this time too since the kids are old enough to be excited as well...like you with cossette, the kids were what 3 and 2... And Knox and pres were 3 and 1 for the majority of my pregnancy. We are having a girl so Knox has been pretty bummed but he is ok with the thought of it. Keep us posted on what you are having !