"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Friday, July 5, 2013

July Fourth (and more)

Chad and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on Tuesday and I was just thinking that it seems to have gone so fast. And, I still pretty much think he's the best man in the world. 'Cause he is.
I felt the baby move on Wednesday, that was really cool. And I've felt him/her move every day since. So so awesome.
Debbie and I went to the Stadium of Fire yesterday (it was her birthday present). She had fun but wasn't sure what to expect and I'm afraid she was a little disappointed.
When we got there I told her I would get her a 'cougar tail' but she had no idea what that was so I explained it was a donut. Yeah, that's an inadequate description apparently because you should have seen her face when I handed her the cougar tail. Her eyes got so big and she just got this little smile on her face for a minute. Then as we were walking to our seats she thoughtfully said, "I bet it's not a real cougar tail." haha. We found our seats and she immediately dug in and I was so surprised that she ate about 2/3 of it.
They had a performance from Cirque du soleil and I guess Debbie is difficult to impress because after a few minutes she leaned into me and said, "This doesn't seem like an actual circus." She watched for a few more minutes and then said, "This is just like a talent show." Touché Debbie, touché.
It was fun to be able to hear Carly Rae Jepson and Kelly Clarkson sing their songs. But then Debbie got tired and was afraid of how loud the fireworks might be and honestly my back was killing me and I was irritated with the people around us, so Debbie asked to leave early and I was kind of glad for that so we left and were walking away from the stadium as the fireworks were going off. I'm thinking there's probably a metaphorical story in that but neither of us have any regrets.


1 comment: