Debbie has once again innocently offered me wise advice. Advice that was very humbling and I am going to try to remember it and live it. I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately and have been taking it out on the kids. I'm not proud of it, but I've been short with them and have been yelling at them a lot more. Well, today at lunch I yelled at Debbie for talking during the prayer and then immediately felt bad so I apologized to her for it. And then she gave me great and very sweet advice. She said, "It's okay for you to yell at me mommy, it's just not okay for you to yell at me TWELVE times." How sweet is that? I don't give this little girl enough credit, I really need to appreciate her more.
3 comments:
That is so funny. Kids do teach us a lot.
She is a smartie! Do you think eleven times is OK? lol
I have to give credit to my kids too. They are always on top of what's good and bad, I'm glad they are listening to us and what we have taught them. They don't hesitate to correct even their parents when they aren't living what they teach. It's too bad they don't take their own advice sometime. I hope you start to feel better, you are an awesome mom. We all get out of line at times, the good thing is that we recognize we need to do better, just remember each day is a new start, thank goodness we have the help of our kids to set us straight. And a little child should lead them.
Post a Comment