"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Don't say...

Okay, we've had this conversation too many times with Debbie. Any ideas on how to teach her the concept?
Mom (or Dad): "Debbie, I know you want to go outside but,-"
Debbie: "Don't say butt!"
M: "Thank you Debbie, but sometimes-"
D: "Don't say butt mom!"
M: "Ok, fine."
It mostly just cracks us up. :) How do you not laugh at that conversation!? At least we know she's listening to what we're teaching her, right?

4 comments:

Becky said...

I have had the same thing, but I just changed. I say, I know you want to go outside, we just can't because of this or that.

Or I say , you want to go outside? Well I am sorry it is cold or the kids are alseep. I guess I use well sorry instead of but.

The Andersons said...

That is so funny! I literally had that conversation 2 days ago! I was a dork and tried to explain the difference in the 2 words. I don't recommend that!

Linda said...

That is SO funny!! Ya gotta live kids!!

Unknown said...

I love Debbie and her cute little mind!