"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Friday, April 17, 2009

Skinny

When I need the kids to get undressed and I'm helping them take their shirt off I'll say to them "skinny rabbit!" (you know, arms sticking straight up like rabbit ears) My mom said this to us so it's one of those things that you just say unconsiously, and it's cute too. :) A few months ago when Debbie was eating her breakfast she looked at Chad and myself and then laughed and said, "Daddy, mommy's skinny than you!" I was soooo thrilled!! I told everyone about it and thought it was hilarious! Then a few weeks later she got herself undressed and danced around and said, "Look mommy, I'm skinny!" It was then that I realized that, to her, 'skinny' meant not dressed... I noticed a little while ago that we have unconsiously integrated that meaning into our vocabulary. For months now, and without even realizing what we were doing, whenever we needed the kids to get undressed for bath or bed or whatever we would tell them to "get skinny" instead of telling them to get undressed. "Okay, get skinny! It's time for your bath!" The kids know what we're asking and they respond, it's pretty great! And kinda quirky too, I know. :) Whatever works though, right?

3 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Cute ! still baking cupcakes...see ya tomorrow.

Russ and Em said...

Thanks for finding my blog! You look amazing (and are skinny) and your kids are adorable. It is fun to see you guys again!

The Mathis Family said...

so funny Leah!