Debbie is a picky eater, we've discussed this before. Over the past few months we've had a plethora of birthday parties in the neighborhood and have discovered that she doesn't like cake. Ever. She didn't eat the cake at her own birthday party and since then refuses to even try it. She doesn't like licorice, some chocolate, and a myriad of other sweets that most children love. It's often been a consolation to me when she refuses to eat my dinner that she doesn't like many sweet things either. Anyway, we've discovered something that she WILL eat, and she loves it! We were shopping today and as we were walking through the produce department she yells out, "I want carrots!" Okay, I'll put carrots in the basket. "Don't forget the salad mom!" So I grab a bag of salad. We walk on, "I want broccoli!" So I grabbed the broccoli... This girl LOVES her vegetables!! She doesn't really like fruit, but she loves vegetables. Where did she come from?! This is an example of a conversation we've had many times:
We're eating dinner (macaroni and cheese or hot dogs or something) and Debbie says: I don't want to eat this, I want salad.
So I say: Eat two bites of your hot dog and I'll give you some salad
So she eats two bites of her hot dog and then three bowls of salad!
6 comments:
At least she's picky for healthy food! That's really good. Lucy is a little picky and Circe's girls are REALY bad picky eaters. I used to be pretty picky, but I grew out if it.
She is so cute!
That is so funny. It is surprising what kids like to eat and the things that they will not. I am not a cake eater, so I have to agree with her on that one.
She is a doll! Good for her.
Good for her! Why'd you take me off your blog list?!
She is so stinkin' cute! At least the only thing that she will eat is healthy foods instead of the other way around! You guys must be doing something right! :)
She must be taking after her uncle Ron. That's great. And your a great mom to provide what she wants.
Post a Comment