"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Women's Conference

I had the opportunity to go to Women's Conference this last week (Because I have a wonderful Husband who is able and willing to take care of the kids so I could go). There are a few quotes that really struck me.
First, Sister Susan Jones said:
"The scriptures will guide us to grow up into ourself and to give up living beneath ourself."
Camille Fronk Olson:
When God comes First in our lives, whatever comes second will always be right."
Sister Julie B. Beck quoted Spencer W. Kimball (Nov. 1980):
"Many of the social restraints which in the past have helped to reinforce and to shore up the family are dissolving and disappearing. The time will come when only those who believe deeply and actively in the family will be able to preserve their families in the midst of the gathering evil around us.
Whether from inadvertance, ignorance, or other causes, the efforts governments often make (ostensibly to help the family) sometimes only hurt the family more. There are those who would define the family in such a nontraditional way that they would define it out of existence."
Sister Beck told a story about when she was younger. A friend of the family was raising Jersey cows and one time when the family was visiting this friend, the friend told Sister Beck's mother that she wanted each of her cows to "produce a superior daughter." Sister Beck likened this to us as mother's, that we need to raise our daughter's to be better than we are.
I'm so grateful that I have a husband who is capable of staying home with the kids and can take good care of them! They enjoyed having him home with them so much! He's such a wonderful father and husband, I don't know what I'd do without him. I love you Chad!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so jealous, I heard about Sis. Beck's talk through many today at church. She is an amazing speaker who is guided by the Spirit. Wish I could have gone. For sure next year. I think Chad is pretty awesome too. Happy Birthday Chad!

Becky said...

Sounds like a nice time. I am happy that you had a good time.