"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Judge Not...

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matt. 7:1
"Out of thine own mouth will I judge ye." Luke 19:22
It's very sad that I have to keep relearning this lesson. But, alas, I've relearned it yet again.
So, I have a nephew that has just recently learned that he can pee outside. My sister has told me stories of finding him in her front yard as he finished peeing. These stories are very funny but as she's been telling me all this I'm sad to have to admit that while I was laughing, I was also judging just a little bit. Well, I got mine...
Today as we were out on the playground I noticed that I hadn't seen Debbie in a few minutes so I started scanning around trying to locate her. I found her up on our balcony. I noticed her VERY BARE bottom pointing out toward us as she was pulling up her pants. I reacted immediately and ran over and asked what she was doing. This was our conversation...
Me: "What are you DOING?!?!"
Debbie: (very calmly and matter-0f-factly) "I just peed on the balcony."
Me: "You just PEED on the balcony?!?"
Debbie: (still calm and clueless) "I peed on the balcony because horses pee outside."
So (after I'd stopped laughing), we had a discussion about why we need to pee inside and when it's okay to pee outside (my explanation for that was, "only when mommy says it's okay"). She actually seemed a little shocked to be told she couldn't do that. She really didn't think she was doing anything wrong! She just got a little caught up in her imagination.
Well, lesson learned AGAIN (and it won't be the last time I have to relearn this particular lesson): Don't judge!!!
I'm so sorry for judging you Ellen! Thank you for being so patient with me.

4 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

holy cow! So funny Leah! I've totally had those moments. When you're a mom, you are constantly being humbled! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

HA HA!!! I wish I had been there!! You are a good mom, Leah! I would not have reacted so well...Debbie is TOO cute!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! I am cracking up! Michaela likes the picture of Dbbie she said "Oh so cute!"
c-ya soon

Tyson and Angela said...

I just love that every time I read your blog I get a smile and get to laugh! I love it! Thank you for your darling children and for teaching me simple lessons! We still think Debbie is the cutest girl around! SERIOUSLY!!