I am so grateful for the life that I've been blessed with. I realize that I'm mediocre at best as a human being, wife and mom (please, no comments, I'm not saying this for pity, it's really how it is and I'm okay with it [for the most part, I really do try to change and be what I should be.]) but for some reason I have been blessed with wonderful and amazing people in my life. I feel that I am living a fairy-tale life right now. I have the gospel in my life, I have a truly amazing and awesome husband, I have been blessed with three beautiful and healthy children, I have a great family and family-in-law, and I have many kind, wonderful, and fun friends. Could I be more blessed? I even love my cramped (and by cramped I mean cramped!) little student-housing apartment with only the basic amenities. I am amazed at how happy I am. I still have my days, everyone does, but at my core, I am the happiest I've ever been. I really owe it all to the fact that Heavenly Father saw fit to bless me with a wonderful husband. Chad has changed my life and has made me happier than I ever imagined I could be. I am so grateful that the man I married turned out to be a good man. I feel that you'll never really know someone until you've been through trials with them so when you decide to marry someone you're really taking a bit of a gamble. The Chad that I'm married to now is so much more than the Chad that I thought I was marrying. I had no idea he was going to be so wonderful. I love him so much more now than I did on the day we got married and I know that our love is only going to grow. He's obviously not perfect (I wouldn't deserve him if was, now would I?) but one of the best things about Chad is that he has faults I can live with (yes, I even love his faults, hows that for mushy!). I was wary of writing all this but I needed to post this because I want to acknowledge to Heavenly Father that I'm aware how much he's blessed me and I'm grateful for it. And, it's my blog so I can write what I want, right? :)

2 comments:
Absolutely, I agree with you about your fairy tale and about mine. I feel blessed so much there aren't enough words to say how I feel. I do feel blessed to have a wonderful sister too. You are awesome!
Yay for you!!! You deserve every happiness.
And I understand the first part of your post and really relate to it. I am who I am and am happy to continue to work at who I can be, and it's a process and a journey, and I'm ok with that.
Post a Comment