I need to write my parents a thank you note, and while a hand-written note is a little more personal, I wanted to do it on the blog so I can have a copy of it.
My parents are wonderful, they do a lot for all of their kids. They're so willing to step in and help out when I need it. This week they took Cosette and Isaac for me to help me out [yes, I'm back to needing help again, grrrrr]. I love having the kids spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Shapiro because I know they are safe and loved and Grandma and Grandpa are always a good influence on them. My mother is so selfless and giving. She's so thoughtful. She browned some meat for me to make cooking a little easier. And it may seem a little thing, but when the kids got home Wednesday evening I opened the suitcase to find it filled with clean clothes instead of laundry for me to do. That meant a lot to me and I was really touched that she went out of her way to help me out even more. It's the thoughtful things like that that define my mother. She's just a genuinely good person. I love that the spirit is so strong in their home. The kids always come home to me a little better than when I sent them.
So, thank you mom and dad, I love you so much, words can't adequately express my gratitude for you both!
4 comments:
Your parents are great. I remember the times I played at your house as a kid and it always felt peacefull there. (part of it might have been getting away from Caleb and Reuben at the time, but still...)
I am glad you have such awesome parents! You are in my prayers!
Leah, What a nice post. Your parents are awesome and I miss seeing them around Kaysville.
I love your parents Leah!!!!
Post a Comment