"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

I've decided I hate halloween. But, well, here're some pictures from our day.

Debbie decided she was 'Angelina Ballerina'... the costume may look a little familiar.

Isaac was a Jedi Knight. I love my wonderful sister!

Cosette was a fairy.




Why do I hate halloween you ask? The same reason most other parents hate halloween. A whole lot of useless candy that's going to rot my kids teeth. I just couldn't get into the 'holiday' spirit this year so the kids didn't get to do many fun things. We did go to the ward party, so at least they got to do something.
So, Happy Halloween everyone. :)

8 comments:

Suze said...

They were really cute! And I totally with you about this all Halloween, don't get it.

Becky said...

I love the costumes, the kids look so cute. Sorry you did not get into the Halloween spirit. I think we will be eating Logan's candy till next Halloween. I am with you on the teeth thing, we always have a check up a few weeks after Halloween to combat the candy.

Unknown said...

They look cute! I love how Debbie is posing!

Kelly said...

I don't like Halloween either. I wish we could skip it or replace it with something else :) Your kids looked really cute at the party though! Did you go home and watch the rest of the game?

Mary Ludwig said...

Your kids looked so cute! I am totally with you about Halloween too. I only like it cause it means Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. It's a lame holiday.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

1st of all tell Ellen she did a wonderful job on Isaac's costume ! He looks so handsome. Debbie and Cosette are beautiful as always. I LOVE Halloween ! Minus the sugar meltdowns...knox is still in phase where he shovels it in and spits it out so he can eat more :) Hope you are doing well ! I will call ya soon :)

The Mathis Family said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love you Leah! It's funny that it's one of the best kids holidays and one of the worst parent holidays. But what can we do about it...

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

I like Halloween - but Nick told me that I wasn't allowed to go Trick-Or-Treating because I was too old... :(