"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Taxi

I feel like a taxi driver. And I only have one in school [well, two if you count Chad, which I do because I quite often give him a ride home from school]. It plain old sucks having to get three kids in and out of the car 2 - 3 times a day. They hate it. Isaac especially. He gives me so much grief. I don't know what to do, but he's making everyone's life miserable! I threaten and spank and he's just so darn stubborn that nothing works so I end up carrying my 40 lb 4 year old down and up three flights of stairs half the time. I hate it. It makes me so mad. I'm at my wits end and have no idea what to do. It's going to be a long year if this is how he is every day for the next 7 months.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Food! I give Hope milk and crackers to have in the car.

Mary Ludwig said...

I have this brilliant idea. You bring Isaac $ Cosette or- whichever one is giving you the most grief over to play at my house while you guys are in the car. Seriously. And then you can pay me back by being my taxi driver sometime. Lol.

Suze said...

Ditto to mary's comment. . . Genne and Alex can use some company :)

Nancy said...

So I don't know if this would work with Isaac but when Eliza isn't willing to listen I tell her that I am going to leave without her and then I just go out and wait for her to decide that she doesn't want to be left behind. Then if she doesn't want to come in I tell her I am going to lock her out, and I do. Then she begs to come in. I really don't know if that would work at all with him but it works for us.

Unknown said...

I wish I was there he could totally come and play with us! I say take Mary and Suze up on their offers!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Oh I miss the quad ! look at all of those offers to watch your kiddos for a few minutes to do the pickup/drop off !! I hope you take them up on it. Or get something fun for him to play with that he can only have when he is in the car. Good luck ! Call ya soon.

Sara said...

Leah, I can always pick Debbie up from school. That way you don't have to take them out. Let me know because it's not a problem at all. :)

Brieann Dillingham said...

You could give him a countdown. Tell him you're leaving in 10 minutes, then remind him at five minutes, then three, two, one. Maybe that will help him know that when it's time to go he can be ready. You know, give him fair warning. This has worked well with Jarrett. Maybe you could offer him something if he can go so many times without throwing a fit.

Brieann Dillingham said...

Happy Birthday, by the way!;)

LBlackwelder said...

Bring the kiddos over here. They are so easy to watch and they keep my kids entertained so really you'd be doing me a favor by having them come play. You could also consider it my birthday present to you =)