"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, October 3, 2010

All Done!

Debbie has stopped sucking her thumb!!! The dentist had told her that sucking her thumb might have caused her to get so many cavities and after he said that, she started showing interest in stopping. So, I decided to bribe her with something that's not allowed in our house... Barbie. But, THANKFULLY, she decided she didn't want a barbie, she wanted Polly Pockets. So, we started putting socks on her hands when she went to bed at night but she had pretty muched stopped the minute she decided to. I think that was the day before school started! Go Debbie!

This was an outfit that Debbie picked out all by herself. I let her wear it to school because she was so proud of herself. She was wearing a striped shirt, pink polka-dotted belt, plaid shorts, and a football hairbow. And yet, she pulled it off, she looked adorable!

3 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

Cute! I'm a recovered thumb sucker. I stopped cold turkey, after a TON of different methods,when Circe told me the kids at kindergarten would make fun of me.

Becky said...

We LOVE sticker charts around our house, them seem to work for everything.

Unknown said...

yay Debbie and the outfit rocks!