"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Cosette

Oh Cosette... I don't know what to do with this girl. She's so busy and loves to get into EVERYTHING. She loves to follow her older brother and sister around and they're pretty good about letting her play with them. She likes to 'stir the pot,' she does things to try to get a rise out of people. One day I came into the room to find Debbie sobbing while Cosette was sitting there smiling and I asked what was wrong and Debbie said that Cosette had been calling her a 'cry-baby.' And she doesn't even know what it means! She does that, she'll push buttons to get a reaction. She likes to tattle, but she's also very protective of her brother and sister. And she asks 'why' all the time! She doesn't like to listen to us and I don't know how to get her to start listening. Today I kept telling her to not touch stuff and she'd just go ahead and do it so I started slapping her hands, it didn't even phase her. Finally she started playing with a pair of scissors that I had told her not to touch so I slapped her hands kindof hard. She looked at me and laughed. So frustrating!!!
Oh, how we love this little fireball!!!

5 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

Lucy would be SO jealous of that dress! Lydia hasn't been listening like that too. Isn't it a good thing kids are cute. Otherwise who knows what we would do with them!

Becky said...

That is so funny, because Hope is the same way! She is always upsetting Logan and he says she is freaking him out. Plus she takes his toys, runs around the kitchen table, and then throws them in the garbage.

I do love that picture of her, she it getting so big.

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

I LOVE Cosette!!! I can't help but laugh a little...she's just so cute!

Unknown said...

She has always had an independent streak hasn't she? I love the different faces she makes. she is a cutie!

Suze said...

I just love me some Cossettie :)