"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Call Me Maybe?!?!
So I was sitting outside chatting with friends thursday while the kids played when I got a call on my cell from a number I didn't recognize. I answered it only to hear this little voice ask if this was Debbie's mom and then ask to talk to Debbie. I called Debbie over and told her she had a phone call and she matter-of-factly said, "Oh, that's Talmage, he's calling because we're going to have a playdate." Then she took the phone from me and promptly walked off to chat with Talmage. I was so shocked! First of all, she gave her number to a boy, and then he wasted no time in calling her! After about 5 minutes I convinced her to give me the phone so I could talk to his mom and I got on the phone in time to hear Talmage's mom in the background saying, "Wait, you called her ALREADY?" Haha, these kids were ready to do this! So Debbie had a playdate at Talmage's house yesterday. I guess his mom volunteers in their class and when Debbie found out she was his mom she hurried and wrote down her number AND ADDRESS and said, 'call me.' What?!? Where did this girl come from?!? I only wish I had a tiny bit of her confidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! That's hilarious! Meeting the parents even! Fast mover!
Oh oh, so cute, I'm telling ya, watch out, those boys are going to be calling all the time now.
Post a Comment