Isaac sprained his foot yesterday. And I'm not sure 'funny' is the right word for what happened but I don't know that 'ironic' is either.
Yesterday morning was rough. And I can't blame it all on Cosette. I was feeling tired and grumpy and she was feeling icky. We fought and fought all morning. She didn't want to take her mirilax, she didn't want to go to the store, she wanted me to buy her EVERYTHING at the store, I didn't make the right lunch, her side was hurting, etc. So I finally get her to preschool and am getting out of the car and thinking to myself, "Oh wow, finally some alone time, I can lay on the bed and read and have a quiet house and not do anything for almost 2 hours."
It was not to be.
As I was walking up my stairs my neighbor (whose son I pick up with my kids everyday) tells me it's early out day. Seriously? It's thursday! So I turn around and get back in the car and go pick up the kids. We get home and I tell them that I need some quiet time and to play with each other and I'm going to lay down for a minute. A few minutes in my quiet time I hear a scream that doesn't sound like either of my kids until I realize that it is one of my kids it's just the "I'm-actually-hurt-this-time" scream. So I run out to the living room and find that Debbie and Isaac had been attempting to jump over a blanket and land on a couch cushion but Isaac missed the cushion and somehow hit his foot wrong. I had him elevate it and put an icepack on it but 30 minutes later he was still in a lot of pain and couldn't put any weight on it so I took him in.
So no peace and quiet for me.
Thankfully it's not broken, but now I feel foolish for even bringing him in. Why can't I just chill and do the wait and see method? Oh well, we only have a $15 copay and it only took an hour to get him all checked out.
On a different note... we go in this afternoon to register Cosette for kindergarten, kinda crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment