Isaac said to me shortly after we brought Caleb home, "Mom, do sometimes you think about Caleb more than you think about me, Debbie, and Cosette?" It broke my heart a little but I answered truthfully and told him, "Yeah, buddy, sometimes I probably do." But then I told him I'd work on it and try harder. December was a trying month and we did think about Caleb more. It was difficult to have him on oxygen. And then I noticed as I was uploading pictures that I have NO pictures of Cosette and Isaac in January. NONE. And only a few of Debbie. Poor older kids! We do still love them!
This is still such a common sight in our house. Chad is an amazing dad and an amazing husband. I wrote about lack of sleep, but my lack of sleep is nothing to Chad's because he is the one who gets up with Caleb at night. I have a hard time sleeping anyway so Chad wants to let me sleep as much as I can so while I will wake up when Caleb is crying I am not the one who stays awake with him. So Chad gets the awesome man of the year award because he's up with the baby at night and then goes to school/work the next day and then comes home and gets 30 minutes to an hour nap in the evening and then does it all over again. I LOVE this man.
Check out the hairy back!! He looked like an ape for a while with dark hair all over his upper body, down his back, on his arms, and even covering his ears. Thankfully it's not as bad now.
I saw a lot of this face in January. Caleb is by far my fussiest baby. It's been not-so-fun. He does seem to be getting a little better now and we discovered gripe water too, he loves that stuff! And it seems to help calm him down.
Caleb went off Oxygen January 17th and that was an exciting day. I realized just how much it was consuming our life the time when I left the house to go shopping and as I was walking along the sidewalk I instinctively swiped my hand in front of me to hold the cords out of the way so I wouldn't step on them. And I wasn't even holding Caleb, I was by myself. But he finally did get off the oxygen! It took another 4 weeks to get him off the apnea monitor, which was frustrating.
Watching tv with Daddy.
Debbie is so sweet, she offered to hold Caleb so I could get a nap one day and when I came out this is what I found. Both of the fast asleep.
And, I decided to try my hand at taking some 'newborn' pictures. Not awesome but they do the job.




No comments:
Post a Comment