"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cosette

How can you tell that your daughter has had her blood drawn too many times? When you're at the allergist and he's deciding between doing a blood test for a milk allergy or just doing skin testing and she shivers and says, "blood test please! No skin testing!"
We go in tomorrow for skin testing.
The phlebotomist's always comment on how well Cosette does when they have to do a blood draw. Last time she marched right in, sat down in my lap, put out her arm, and calmly said, "I like pink tape." She didn't watch that time but she also didn't flinch or even say anything, just took it all in stride and walked out happy with her toy and her pink tape!
I've said in the past and I'll say it again, I would not be surprised if Cosette has a career in the health care industry. We were driving home the other day and she says from the back seat, "Mom, I want to touch a real, live human bone. Not a plastic fake one." Umm, ok. I told her it would have to come from a dead body and she was totally chill with that. So then we talked about cadavers and anatomy classes and after making sure that you wear plastic gloves while touching the dead body she decided she wants to touch a cadaver. Even going so far as asking me as we were going in the house, "Mom? WHEN will I be able to touch a dead body?"
Love it.
She still says some of the funniest things.
We bought some 7-Up a little while ago and one day she quietly asked Chad, "So, dad? Can I not have the 7-Up?" He said he thought it was gluten free so it should be fine and she said, "no, because it's 7-up and I'm only 6."
Then today I had asked her to go on the balcony and see if daddy was headed upstairs and he was so she yelled that back to me. Chad heard her but didn't understand what she had said so he asked her "what" and she responded very matter-of-fact, "It's none of your business, mom just asked me to do something." Haha! I was dying. There was no malice, no pretense, she was completely serious but also innocent.

No comments: