Debbie turned 9 this week!
9 things about Debbie:
1 - She has a heart of gold. She does what she can to make the world a better place. I don't know if I've blogged this story yet but a few months ago she asked me, "Mom, have you ever had a friend that bragged all the time?" I said yes and then explained that people brag because they feel insecure and I told her that this girl probably feels insecure around Debbie because Debbie has a natural goodness and light that just shines from her. Now, if anyone had told me that when I was her age I would have totally puffed out my chest and went and rubbed it in the other girl's face (which is probably why no one every told me that when I was her age, haha). Debbie thought about that for a minute and then said, "So, the best way to help her is probably to just be her friend, huh." What?? She's amazing. Which leads me to number 2...
2 - She is SOOO willing to forgive people. Very eager to see the best in everyone.
3 - She has a ready smile and happiness that is contagious. So much so that sometimes I wonder if how she can be my daughter. But...
3 - She's developing quite the sarcastic sense of humor so I know she's mine ☺ (also she's starting to show a little more temper and can have some pretty teary days, and that's also 'me').
4 - She LOVES to read. Last week we had to take away her book because she wouldn't put it down. She's on the last book of the Percy Jackson series which are a 6th grade reading level so that's cool.
5 - She just got her ears pierced.
6 - She was in choir this year and LOVED it. She wants to be a famous singer when she grows up.
7 - She also wants to be an animal activist, own a bakery (gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, nut free, etc.), and plan parties (and a bunch of other things I can't remember at the moment)
8 - She has her own sense of style but totally rocks it.
9 - She just got her hair cut (very short) and it is so cute!
Choir concert this month
Rocking her own sense of style.
I'm pretty sure she intentionally mixes as many different types of patterns as possible in one outfit. Notice the differently patterned shirt, the plaid shorts, the striped socks, and the Indian patterned boots. This is a pretty typical outfit for her.
Long beautiful hair...
And now short hair!
She got her hair cut last week, she's been asking for a while and I finally gave in. I thought I was going to be sad and hate it but I actually love it! Well, after we went back the next day and got it cut anyway. The first lady that cut it did a terrible job and I was so furious. She came home from school the next day and I couldn't even hardly look at her it made me so mad. She looked as cute as ever, because she is cute, but the haircut looked like I had done it myself! They lady ignored everything I said and just did a crap job. So we went back and had the supervisor cut it and she did a great job and we both love it now.
Happy Birthday Debbie! We love you and are so proud of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment