"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Saturday, March 14, 2009

5k

I am feeling sore today (and will feel much more so tomorrow) because I walked/jogged the Rex Lee Run 5k this morning with a couple friends. Thank you Cynthia for encouraging us to do it! We finished it in 44 minutes, which is probably really slow, but I feel like we did great! Especially because we didn't 'train' for it AT ALL, it was a pretty spontaneous decision. It felt so great! I'm so proud of myself!

Anyway, here we are: Me, Cynthia Fallowfield and Tabitha Gibson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You guys are so awesome! I wish I had been there to cheer you on.

Becky said...

That is so great. It feels so good to hurt like that. Happy you did it and maybe next time I will come with.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Yeah - good job ! Ya I think 44 minutes is awesome, especially since we walked it ! There is another on April 4 ! We should do it, just to beat our time and this time we will train a little better :) It is the Provo Marathon 5k.