"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, December 7, 2009

Chillin' in the Snow

It snowed yesterday (and then again today, and it is still snowing right now) and when the kids woke up they were thrilled. Debbie immediately started pestering me to go out and make a snowman, but yesterday was Sunday and we don't play outside on Sundays. So then this morning, the first thing she said after waking up was, "Now we can go make a snowman!" So we all got bundled up and headed outside.
We had a little issue with Cosette and her gloves, but she finally came around when she realized we weren't budging on the issue.

Isaac and Debbie loved throwing snowballs at mommy, they've been waiting a while to do that. :)

Debbie did not get to make her snowman. Partly because there wasn't quite enough snow and it wasn't very good packing snow and partly because Mommy doesn't have any snow clothes so I couldn't get down and help her. When it stops snowing I'm going to go buy myself a good ski-jacket, some boots, and some gloves. Then we'll make an awesome snowman! I love the snow! Except for driving in it. But I love how beautiful everything is and how clean and fresh the world looks and I love how quiet it makes everything. The snow is just so peaceful, I love it.

3 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

Fun snow pictures! It was WAY too cold up here today (like alaska cold) but we need to do that!

Becky said...

Looks like so much fun! The kids are getting so big.

Kimberly said...

I love the kids faces, they are so excited. I love the snow for the same reasons, and I like how you said, how it makes everything quiet, it is so true. I've always liked that part.