"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Little of December So Far

I'm sitting here waiting to make sure the kids are good and asleep so Santa can come, so I decided I should blog a bit, seeing as how it's been a little while. :O)
We had our ward Christmas party earlier this month and Debbie and her friends were the angels in the nativity. I must say, I think they did a fabulous job! They all made beautiful angels!

We had our Christmas with the Rogers on Sunday, that was a lot of fun! The girls got these cute fairy wings and they love them. We were able to go up and see Grandma and Grandpa Rogers and uncle Kyle again today because we went up so we could talk to uncle Grant who's on a mission. It was great to be able to just relax and talk and play nintendo. :)

Then this evening we had a Christmas dinner with our neighbors and friends. The food was delicious! And it was nice for the kids to be able to run around with their friends and get some of their energy out. And wow, do those kids have some serious energy.

Cosette chose her outfit today (she even put her headband in all by herself, and we'd get an earful if we try to fix it or take it out). I think the concensus was that she kinda looks like an 80's aerobic instructor. haha

One of the dads (thanks James!) took the time to get the kids all sitting down and started them playing some games. It's pretty hilarious to watch a bunch of little kids try to play 'duck, duck, goose!'

And finally, we decided that Santa gets a lot of cookies but his reindeer probably don't get many treats on Christmas Eve so we set out some sugar snap peas and some carrots for the reindeer when they come tonight.
Well, it looks like the kids are asleep, so Santa might be coming soon...
Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

cute post ! Our kids took FOREVER to go to sleep tonight, they were super excited ! I love the Angel picture that is so cute, you should send it to Susy, Celeste looks so pretty in it. Alright - I guess we should go to bed, It feels so late, well anything after 9 is late, right ??? Ha- Merry Christmas !

Suze said...

Merry Christmas Leah and thanks for all the help this year. I am greathful to have you as a friend.

The Mathis Family said...

Fun fun fun! You guys do such fun stuff!