"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hospital Stay

I finally checked myself into the hospital last week. Things got pretty bad, I'll spare you the details. I was there for three days and am glad that I made the decision to go. They were very helpful and it gave me an opportunity to just check out of life for a few days. I came home feeling rejuvenated but then quickly got bogged down again. But, I know that I still feel better than I did one week ago. I'll be okay.
I was reading a book the other day, "In the Hands of the Potter" by Camille Fronk (I recommend it), and she quoted President John Taylor who quoted the Prophet Joseph Smith saying to the twelve: "You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and (said he) God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God" (Journal of Discourses, 24:197).
That stuck out to me, I feel like my "heart strings" are being wrenched. But it's all for a purpose and I must "stand it." For some reason that quote gave me hope, hope that I will be able to "stand it."

My family and friends are amazing. My parents immediately came down and got the younger kids. Ellen took Debbie during the day and got her to school and back so Chad could do his schoolwork during the day. My good friend dropped everything so she could come get the kids so my sister could come take me in. And now that I'm home I've had so much support from family and friends. Our meals are being taken care of for the next few days and that is a HUGE help. I just feel so blessed. We're all so blessed to have so much love and support.

8 comments:

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

YAY you're home!!!

The Mathis Family said...

Leah, I admire you for being so strong through what you deal with. It would be easy to throw in the towel, but you do so good. I know you are a great mom besides. Cuz you have great kids. I wish I could be there to help out too. But I know you are strong enough for this.

Becky said...

I am happy you are home and got the help you needed. I hope things get better each day.

MamaX5 said...

I love that quote! A little afraid of it, but I love it. :) In hindsight, I wouldn't change the experiences I've had because of the perspective I've gained and the things I've learned, but I wish no one else had to go through it.

You will be able to stand it, but luckily you don't have to stand it alone. I'm thankful you have family and friends nearby, and those of us that aren't as near are praying and ready to help out however we can.

Mary Ludwig said...

You're amazing! I'm so glad you got a break from life- and some help in the hospital. Let me know what I can do to help out! We are going to be gone Thurs-Sun but I'm here for anything! Give me a call! (My cell phone died- and I plugged in my home phone. 85160)

Kelly said...

Leah, you are amazing! I admire you for so many reasons, your strength and perseverance are just two of them. Please call if you need anything. I'm especially good at making ice-cream runs :)

Suze said...

I love you Leah! You are so awesome:)

Unknown said...

I love you Leah! I am glad you have such a supportive family near by.