"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

General Conference

I figured I probably should document this General Conference because the kids actually listened to most of it. Which totally took us off guard because, let's face it, they're 6, 5, and 4 and watching adults speak for 8 hours isn't something most kids enjoy watching. But, at least on Saturday, they did amazing. And kept asking questions when the speaker said a word they didn't understand. First it was Isaac asking what 'devastation' meant and even though they asked about a lot more words, the one that sticks out the most was when Debbie asked what 'mercy' was. Honestly, I didn't know how to answer her, so I probably did a crappy job. But hey, they were listening and I was amazed and couldn't be more pleased.

1 comment:

The Mathis Family said...

that's so awesome! My kids were at least quiet...most of the time... You'll have to tell me your parenting secrets!