"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I HATE Potty-training!

Cosette is never going to be completely potty trained. It's never going to happen. She's been wearing underwear for over 2 months and I can count on one hand the number of times she's pooped IN the toilet. We've thrown away so many pairs of underwear. I'm so tired of it!! I suck as a mom, that's got to be it. That's the only explanation as to why my kids have such a hard time being potty trained when other moms out there can brag about how "all I had to do was put her in underwear and she's only ever had one accident!" I obviously am just a crappy mom who doesn't know how to do the basic 'mom' things. She's FOUR for crying out loud! I guess I need to just stop worrying about how other people will view me, it's not about me, it's about her and we just need to do what's best for her. But that doesn't change how much I HATE potty-training! And obviously it hates me...

4 comments:

A said...

You are not a bad mom! My Blake just turned 4 on the 12th of this month. We started potty training him when he was 2. He rarely goes a week without a #2 accident. We feel like we have tried EVERYTHING but obviously we have not. I DO NOT have all the answers but I will say that it seems the more positive we are the better he does. And the more patient we are when he does have an accident the more he seems to want to do better. Hang in there and if you happen to figure it out let me know :)

Justin and Carissa said...

I tried potty training Matthew for 9 LONG weeks. The story ends with him being put back in diapers. You are not the only one who can't figure it out. There are few things more unpleasant as a mother than cleaning up poop messes all the time. But...good luck!!

Kimberly said...

I'll tell straight up this part of the job sucks, there were times when I didn't think my children would EVER be potty trained, we all fee like failures as a mom, join the club, I still feel today that I fail at making my kids like me, eat the food I make, clean their rooms, help anywhere, do their goals that will make them strong. You don't even know how many times I think to myself about giving up. As for the potty training, one day a miracle will occur and it will be as a blur. But, this will not be the end of the troubles or the thoughts of a failure as a mother, but know this, you are a great mom and you need someone to tell you the truth. Kids are kids and don't know what we need. We all need words of encouragement, a person cheering us on maybe holding our hand through it, wish I could be there for you Leah. Wish you could be here for me. Sometimes the only person we can truly count on is God, he never disappoints if we look to God, because it's always better to look up. Love you, good luck with the potty training, I will pray for your miracle.

Becky said...

I have been potty training Hope for 1 1/2 years. If it is what makes a bad mom well then just put me up at the top. I have cried, called Jacob to come home, yelled it is just so hard. So my undies trick because I am to cheap to keep buying undies at bad weeks she will have a few bad pairs a day. So what you do it get a hanger (not one you like) and you just hook the undies on the end and then rest the bottom end on the edge of the seat and just let the undies soak. After 1/2 hour you swirl them around the then put in a designated "soil" hamper. Good luck and know you are not alone in this.