"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!



Well we've had a quiet Thanksgiving close to home and it's been kind of nice actually. Chad made turkey and mashed potatoes and the kids and I made a fruit salad and it all turned out great, it was a perfect meal. The turkey was moist and very flavorful, Chad did a great job (and thank you mom for the instructions and recipe for the brine!). We are bummed that we're having to miss all the fun with cousins and grandparents but it's all for the best and we know that. And I've got to say it was nice to sit down to a yummy meal and not have to worry about whether or not Cosette was going to get sick from cross contamination.
I'm thankful that these kids love each other! This is Cosette kissing my belly, she is very excited for Caleb to get her.
This is a note that Cosette wrote Debbie one day. Cosette had been throwing a major fit and Chad and I were done with her, just completely out of patience but sweet Debbie took the time to find a way to help her out and Cosette was so grateful, she wrote 3 or 4 of these notes to Debbie. I LOVE that they can be so sweet to each other! I mean, don't get me wrong, they still fight like regular sisters, but they're also so often kind to each other, it makes my heart happy.

 Debbie loves to write love notes to everyone, she'll write little notes and put them on everyone's pillows. And I'm not sure what they taught in Primary on Sunday but she came home with on fire, ready to serve us all. She kicked Isaac out of his room so she could make his bed and pick up his room and she was eager to find new ways to serve all of her family. And because she was so excited about it, Isaac and Cosette caught her excitement and soon we had all the kids running around the house looking for ways to help out, it was awesome.


No comments: