Well I'm on bed rest. I was seeing spots occasionally so they had me do a 24 hour urine collection and found protein in my urine. Thankfully it's not a lot so while I technically have preeclampsia it's still pretty mild. What's interesting is I'm not having any other symptoms, I'm not bloated or swelling and my blood pressure is fine (most of the time, it's gone a little high once or twice but always comes right back down). But they're taking it all pretty seriously and put me on bed rest and had me go get the steroid shots for Caleb's lungs and are doing non stress tests and all that fun stuff. Sometimes the thought of it really stresses me out, I've had some pretty awesome freak-outs over this, but I'm far enough along now and I know it's not that severe so most of the time now I'm pretty calm about it. It can just get difficult to force myself to stay down and not do too much when I pretty much feel completely fine and normal. It can all feel a bit silly to be just sitting or laying there and have to ask people to do all these little things that I'm perfectly capable of doing myself. But I know it's only for a little while and if feeling silly keeps our little dude safe then it's certainly worth it. So on that note... I was on bed rest for Halloween so Chad got to take the kids trick-or-treating and I was pretty jealous because it's so fun to see their excitement and happiness.
Debbie was Glinda (love that stoned look on her face, she didn't want to stay still long enough for a picture so this is the best we got)
Isaac was a chemist
And Cosette was a princess (I think we've used this costume for one girl or another for 3 or 4 years straight now!)
I took these pictures of the girls a few weeks ago. Debbie was making up a crossword puzzle and then helping Cosette do it. She is such a wonderful big sister, telling stories and singing songs all the time, I'm not sure what we'd do without her.

No comments:
Post a Comment