Isaac is so awesome, look what we got from his school last week!
And then he followed it with this...
A neighbor girl was just being kind and had written him a note from a 'secret admirer' and apparently he wasn't pleased about it. He was NOT allowed to give this to her and I told him that under no circumstances is he to say anything other than 'thank you' to her. But the note still gave us a chuckle even if it is rude.
On a completely unrelated note... I feel like we're drowning. And what's worse is I don't even know if there's a lifeguard. Bed rest has been hard. The most difficult part is that it's not necessarily hard on ME, it's hard on everyone around me and Chad is getting the brunt of it all. He's the one who's having to do all the things he normally does PLUS all the things I normally do. So now he's doing pretty much all the grocery shopping and the dishes and getting the kids ready for bed and cooking dinner and taking time off work to take the kids to the doctor and taking time off to take me to doctor and I just don't know how much more he can take. Thankfully my mom has been coming down each week and she does the dishes and cooks dinner for a couple nights. I think I don't realize how much I actually do until I have to watch a bunch of other people step in to do it for me. And truthfully I'd probably just start doing more if I didn't feel so awful when I get up and do things nowadays. It doesn't even take much anymore, after just a few minutes of being up and about I get lightheaded and it feels like someone has taken a vacuum to my heart and sucked all the energy out of me and when I take my blood pressure it can get pretty high. So now I have to make a decision, do I sacrifice the comfort of everyone around me so I can stay pregnant for a while longer or do I sacrifice the health of my baby so other people don't have to do quite so much. I know the answer, and it's only for a few more weeks, but it's still difficult to just sit there and watch everyone else carry the burdens that I usually carry.


1 comment:
hang in there Leah! you keep that baby healthy. you are an awesome mom and have great kids. there will be plenty of time to take care of the house later. I know it's hard to have other people do stuff that you think you should be doing. I'm horrible at being on the receiving end, but you just gotta let em help. you'll have a chance to return the favor for someone else some other time.
Post a Comment