"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My helper

So the whole "writing to the kids" thing has become overwhelming to me because there are some things that I just want to get written and then I can't think of a way to write it so it doesn't get done. So that may or may not happen in the future, but I think it's more important to just get the information on here so I'll just do the best I can.
So here's a picture of Cosette with the REALLY crude, thrown together baby wrap I made for her to carry her doll in. She'd tried to make one with a scarf a few days ago but it didn't work well so I tore up a sheet and tied it on her like a moby wrap and she LOVED it. She wore it the entire afternoon, didn't even take it off to eat dinner. Now that I know that she likes it I'm going to find some material and make her one that actually fits/works well.
 She is very much a nurturing child. She likes to help people and she's willing to do what needs to be done. With the whole 'skinny jean' trend being what's cool this pregnancy I've discovered that I need help getting my pants off at the end of the day and Cosette has no problem helping me with that! The one time I asked Debbie to help she looked at me like I was crazy and looked completely grossed out but Cosette just hears that I need help and she's willing to jump in and do what needs to be done, it's amazing. So that's become her 'job' these past couple months and it has been a great help.
The doctor lifted a few of my bed rest limitations yesterday and I'm very, very grateful. I get a little stir crazy when I don't leave my house so I'm excited to be able to go pick up Cosette and the neighbor kids from school each day, I know it's not much but I am very happy to get out!

No comments: