A friend had a wonderful idea to take our girls to see Disney On Ice: Princess Classics. We went tonight and it was so much fun! There were 10 of us all together and it was fun to see the girls reaction when they saw the Princesses. I think it was when Sleeping Beauty came out that Debbie leaned over to me and exclaimed, "They ARE real people!!"
Mom and Deb
It was such a fun evening!! Debbie was thrilled to see all her princesses in person, and as we were walking in she said that she was excited to show Belle her dress. I'm kinda bummed that we didn't have a chance to meet the princesses, the girls would have LOVED that! We had great seats, I guess they would be considered overflow but we had room to stretch our legs because we were sitting in actual chairs and the girls had a great view because there was no one in front of us. There were, however, people almost directly below us which was unfortunate because Debbie and another of the girls got a slushie and were eating it close to the railing... You get the idea... The people below us were [understandably] not very happy with us by the end of the evening. I moved Debbie back from the edge as soon as I realized the problem (yes, I should have taken preventative action, I'm very sorry that I didn't, in my defense, there wasn't a LOT of spillage...), and I eventually ended up throwing out 2/3 of the stupid $12 slushie so she would stop spilling all over herself.
Funny story: I had taken Debbie to the bathroom at the intermission so that we could leave as soon as the performance was over and not have to stop at the restroom. Well, we were halfway to the car after and Debbie shouted that she had to go potty. I wasn't about to go back in (and I don't think they would have even let me), and we were downtown and I didn't really want to stop anywhere, so I suggested that she pee outside (bad mommy I know; but if you gotta go, you gotta go, right?). She DID NOT like that idea. So she proposed one of her own, "I have a great idea mom; how 'bout I hold it!?" I had my doubts, but we buckled her in the car and I figured as soon as she started complaining forcefully I'd pull over and try to find something. Much to my surprise she made it all the way home! Then as we were walking up the stairs to the apartment she said proudly, "See mom, I held it all the way home! [long pause] You had a BAD idea mom."
4 comments:
Looks like a whole lot of fun . . .She looks beautiful as always.
Your daughter makes me giggle. That last line kills me. Hahaha! So glad you guys had fun! Emma would have loved that, maybe next year.
how fun!!!!! I love the big grin on her face! And the abthroom thing is SO funny!
It was an awesome night. I too throughly enjoyed myself! I was singing along to all the songs. lol
Post a Comment