Today was Thanksgiving but it was also my parents 40th wedding anniversary!! So Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Back row: Jack, Jacob, Ben, Dan, Jim, Sam, Ron
Front row: Leah, Dad, Mom, Ellen
Mom and Dad + all 9 kids + 7 spouses + 33 grandkids = 1 big happy family!
It was a wonderful day! We've decided to stop doing a sibling gift swap because, let's face it, we're kindof a little old for that, right? :) So in lieu of the gift swap we take that money and do some sort of service with it. Last year we did sub for santa. This year we chose to make hygiene kits and tie quilts. The hygiene kits were fun and pretty chaotic, with all the grandkids helping that went very quickly! Then we were able to sit and tie two queen size quilts from the DI that we will return to them and they'll pass them on to the bishop's storehouse.
When we got home tonight, Isaac was scared because it was dark so Debbie said, "Isaac, you don't have to be afraid, I'll hold your hand." So she held his hand and then Cosette ran over to hold her hand too and they walked to the apartment like that. It was very sweet, Debbie is a great big sister, I'm SO grateful for her!
And on this Thanksgiving day, I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for all that he has blessed us with. I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband, he truly is an exceptional person in so many ways. I'm thankful for my three beautiful, healthy children, they bring a joy to my life that cannot be equalled. I'm thankful for the strength that prayer brings to my sometimes stressful life. I'm thankful for DVD players in the car that make long trips much more pleasant. I'm thankful for my beautiful parents and siblings and the support and love they have for us and each other. And, I'm thankful for so, so, so, so much more!
The kids had a blast playing with all their cousins, I love that they've got so many cousins to play with and I wish we were able to get together a little more often so they could see them more. Isaac loves to play with other boys, the poor kid is surrounded by girls pretty much ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!
After spending most of the day with my family we stopped at the Rogers for a little quiet time with them before heading back home. It's always so nice to go visit them because they give the kids so much personal attention, the kids love it. We're very grateful for them!
And on this Thanksgiving day, I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for all that he has blessed us with. I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband, he truly is an exceptional person in so many ways. I'm thankful for my three beautiful, healthy children, they bring a joy to my life that cannot be equalled. I'm thankful for the strength that prayer brings to my sometimes stressful life. I'm thankful for DVD players in the car that make long trips much more pleasant. I'm thankful for my beautiful parents and siblings and the support and love they have for us and each other. And, I'm thankful for so, so, so, so much more!
2 comments:
How GREAT to get the whole family together! 40 years is so cool. "Way to go" to your parents!
It was good to see you guys. We are thankful also to have you as part of our family.
Post a Comment