"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Weary

I love my kids, I do. I'm grateful for them, I know they're a blessing that I don't deserve. But sometimes I get so WEARY. I'm weary of being whined at all day long. I'm weary of being talked at all day long. I'm weary of being a servant. I'm weary of feces and urine, poopy diapers and pee accidents. I'm weary of wiping other people's [my kids] little tushies. Will it ever end? I'm tired of being touched ALL THE TIME. I'm not a trampoline or personal step-stool, but I'm always being touched, bumped, pushed, pulled, and bounced against and I'm weary of it. I'm weary of the never-ending dishes and piles of laundry and the floors that never stay clean. I just can't stay on top of it.
I don't want to seem ungrateful, because I really try not to be. As I said, I LOVE my kids! I'd be lost without them, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be their mom. But sometimes I just feel so weary.

6 comments:

MamaX5 said...

I promise it does get better. Maybe not the dishes and laundry and floors. LOL - COL (that's me laughing and crying hysterically.) But when they get older, you can have them help with that, too. I remember feeling like that, and it was when my kids were your kids' ages. It won't be much longer until the oldest gets a little easier (it's really true!) and for some reason that makes everything else easier. My sister always told me that when my oldest hit 5 (it was more like 6 for Wyatt), the overwhelmed mommy of little kids syndrome seems to get a little better, and it really did. So I'm empathizing with you and telling you there really is light at the end of the tunnel and you're so close! Hang in there! (it probably doesn't help that you're mid-process of potty-training - I HATE that part of motherhood!)

Heidi said...

Wow, I love your blog header/title-thing. It is awesome and so cute. About being weary--I'm sorry :-(.

Sun said...

I could have written this post.

The Mathis Family said...

AMEN sister! so well put. When I feel this way, I just think of those mom's who have REALLY difficult situations, like a disabled child, or no father. But I totally am there with you!

Unknown said...

I think you are amazing!

Kimberly said...

It gets better, it really does, before you know it, you will have new worries. Like dating or driving woes. Love ya guys