Update: We put Isaac in underwear today. I took the kids to the dr. for their well child visits and the dr. very politely and kindly chastised me a bit for Isaac still being in diapers. So when I got home Chad and I decided to just put him in underwear. He FREAKED out. Started kicking and screaming and crying for his diapers. So Chad and I took him into his room and said a prayer with him and as soon as we were done praying Isaac calmed right down and said, "I want to sit on the potty." Yay! So, he's peed in the potty multiple times today and has only had one small accident! And he's still staying positive about being in underwear! I hesitated to blog this because I don't know what tomorrow will bring. But in light of my last post, I figured I'd update.
Oh, and Cosette decided that she wanted to wear underwear as soon as we put Isaac in his, but she's not ready. We have pee puddles all over the house from her and she was completely content to run around in her wet underwear. So she's back in diapers. But at least she was excited!
6 comments:
Yay! I hope he stays excited. I am always inspired by you I never would of thought of praying with child about potty training. Awesome!
What a great start! Even if you have a few bad days sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work! If things go bad just add up the savings on diapers (that always helped me)
Ugh...potty training....I'm going through that with Lydia. She's good as long as I remember to take her. She wont tell me when she needs to go, but she'll hold it a LONG time, thank heavens....but still poops in her pants. (those are SO fun to clean up) Good Luck with Isaac! Just stay consistent and positive.
Hang in there girl! You are a great mom and you can TOTALLY do this!
That is such a sweet story about praying with isaac. So proud of him :)
I love that you guys prayed with him. Hopefully it continues to go well.
Post a Comment