"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mud Fun!


For some reason they decided to have the sprinklers on ALL day yesterday and that created quite the puddle in the sandbox. Cosette didn't even hesitate, she jumped right in. The kids had a BLAST making rivers and ponds with the water. It was fun to see all the neighborhood kids working together to dig holes and make rivers. Debbie and Isaac dug around in the mud for over three hours, without a peep at me. The picture I have of them here is at the beginning, I wish I would have gotten pictures of them after they were done. They were soaked and were covered in wet sand head to toe.

2 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

You are such a fun mom to let them do that! I'm too uptight, I guess. In fact my brother-in-law told me that I must have read the parenting book called "Taking The Fun Out Of Childhood." I need to loosen up and let my kids do stuff like that!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Oh how I miss the quad !!! Not so much the sprinkler fun though :)...