"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet Debbie

The other night the kids and I were sitting down for dinner. It was all quiet and I thought to myself, "I need to ask the kids how their day was, we need to talk." As I was about to open my mouth Debbie piped up, "How was your day mama?" She took the words right out of my mouth! She's so sweet. I told her it was good and she said, "Oh, are you feeling better?" ha! Yes, Debbie, yes, I'm feeling better.
~
Today I got myself a root beer and the kids all wanted some, amid their clamoring Debbie asked, "Mom, is that soda kid appropriate?" haha She knows that kids can't have the stuff with caffeine.
~
Last Saturday we were at a birthday party and they had a pinata (or pitata, as Isaac calls it ☺) and Debbie came running up to me to show me all the candy she had picked up and she exclaimed excitedly, "Mom, look at all the choking hazards I have!"

7 comments:

Suze said...

She is a real sweety !

Kelly said...

She's a cute girl!

The Mathis Family said...

Debbie is such a cutie! But I LOVE the "choking hazards" one! So funny what they pick up from us!

Emily said...

:) She's so funny! I'm really laughing right now.

Kimberly said...

adorable, no doubt about it

Cynthia and Bryan said...

I love the "Choking hazards" :) Too Cute, glad you documented that.

Unknown said...

I miss being there and hearing all these things first hand. Thanks for sharing! I miss you!