"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Dentist, YUCK!

Debbie had a dentist appointment this morning. She had seven cavities (yes, we're going to start flossing now) and they were going to fill 4 of them and she did GREAT!!! I was so proud of her! She quietly giggled and responded well to everything they said and did. And she only winced a little when they gave her the shots of Novocaine. She was so BRAVE!! A lot braver than I ever am. I was sitting in the corner with my stomach in knots watching her laying there in the big chair looking so little and helpless, and she was calm and cool and relaxed and took it all in stride. So amazing!!!

7 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

She is so awesome. I love this pic she looks beautiful. Her hair cut is precious. I will call ya soon.

Suze said...

I love this picture, she is such a beautiful girl!

The Mathis Family said...

Is it a dentist you really trust? If not, you should get a second opinion. Especially if you help her brush still. My friend's daughter was told she had 8 cavities by a pediatric dentist. She just didn't feel good about it and took her to her regular dentist that she's been seeing for ever. He found NO cavities.

The Mathis Family said...

P.S. She is so dang cute!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Presley says she likes debbies hair cut :)

Unknown said...

What a brave little girl!

The Andersons said...

She is awesome! And her haircut is DARLING!!