"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Almost Ready

Debbie is going to Kindergarten this fall. I am not handling it well. Not at all.
What if she can't find her classroom? Do I have to walk her into her classroom everyday? That will be hard because I'll have two younger ones to deal with!
How do I pick her up? She's so little, will she recognize the van?
What if kids are mean to her? That will break my heart.
What if her teacher is mean to her? That will break my heart even more!
What if I can't do my part as her parent? Can't do the volunteering and such that will be required?
I'm going to be so tied down, no more freedom. This is the start of at least 16 years of me having to be somewhere at certain times m-f. Always. No impromptu trips up to see grandma or family...
Yes, I'm freaking out pretty good over this. She's almost all ready, thanks to her grandma Westerson and Aunt Michelle. Grandma sent Michelle some money and the above picture shows all that Michelle was able to get with that money. She's a shopping Genie!! So Debbie's all ready for school, she's excited and psyched to go. It's just her mama that's having issues!! Aaagh!

8 comments:

Suze said...

You'll do great mama, I can always watch the other two if you need it. . .
PS. I love her outfits, such a beautiful little girl!

The Mathis Family said...

That would be hard. I don't know how I'll handle it when we get there. I'm sure ALL the other kids will love her and her teacher too.

Unknown said...

She is going to do just fine and so will you! It might be a little stressful at first but you get into a routine and things will be great. Have fun with Issac and Cossette for a couple hours. Debbie looks so cute in all her new outfits!!

Becky said...

You are so cute! School is great, she will have a great time and that will make being tied down easy. But i live for the comitment summer drives me crazy so I felt the opposite about school At Logan's school the kids line up out side before class so I never had to take Hope in or even get her out of the car. It will be great.

The Andersons said...

Camille started this year and I had those same fears, but they all work themselves out. You will do great.

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

I don't have kids...BUT, won't it be nice to focus all your attention on your two youngest for a couple of hours during the day??! PLUS, Debbie will come home and want to tell you all about her day at school (you will LOVE it!!) Can Shauna and Michelle be my kid's grandma and aunt too?

Cynthia and Bryan said...

I have had all of the same thoughts :) But Debbie is super smart, she knows your car, she will know how to find her classroom, the teachers will understand that we can't volunteer our time since we have little ones. Think about what a head start you have given debbie just by living in the quad, that girl has some awesome social skills :) Her clothes are so cute and I love all of her assistant models too :) You can do it, just breath and let Debbie remind you again what a remarkable little girl she is.

Brieann Dillingham said...

They grow up too fast! You'll be okay! It was very nerve-racking when I first sent Rachel to school, but her teacher was the sweetest lady ever! Once you get into the drop-off pick-up routine it won't be so bad. You're such a good mom I'm sure you'll do fine!