Isaac slammed his finger in our door today. It immediately got black and blue and swelled up really big so I did the first-time thing and quickly took him in to the Doctor. The Dr was really nice and said it might be broken and sent us over for x-rays. Isaac loved looking at his x-rays and was so excited to tell Debbie all about it and show her his 'fossils.' Turns out, happily, it's not broken, just bruised.
Isaac is so funny. When the Dr was examining his finger he had Isaac put his hand palm up and the Dr put his finger across Isaac's hand and told him to grab onto his finger as tight as he could. So, instead of curling his hand around the Dr's finger, Isaac reached his good hand over and grabbed onto the Dr's hand. It was pretty funny, he knew it would hurt to curl that finger so he just used the other hand. Then the Dr was trying to figure out exactly how he slammed his finger and was pointing to the door asking 'was it this way?' and Isaac said, "No, I did it at home." Then as we walked down the hall he pointed to each door saying, "Not that door, and not that door." He takes things so literally!
My friend Mary came over and sat with the girls so I didn't have to bring them along and I'm so grateful for her! And apparently the girls told her all about 'hard poop' while we were gone. Well, if anyone knows about hard poop, it will be my girls! They're experts. [TMI? Yes. Truth? Also yes.]
They put a splint on his hand just for comfort, he said that we can take it off as soon as he's ready.
So, lesson learned... if it's just a finger and the skin's not broken, splint it and wait it out for a few days before going into the doctor!
4 comments:
So sorry I couldn't take the girls for you this afternoon, I was a little overwhelmed. I was working on a deadline for a grant application for Dave and dinner for another family in the ward both to be done by 5pm. I'm glad Isaac is okay. You never know with fingers, my parents waited a couple of days when I broke mine and it was bad enough I needed surgery.
Lol! Aaron and I laughed our way through this post. Isaac is so funny. I'm glad you guys could find some laughs from all this situation. Lol. Your girls are so hilarious too. Yes- we played fairies and they kept having to go to the doctor for all their ailments. Debbie knew EXACTLY how to fix "pinkalicious' hard poop. Lol. Laughed my head off. Oh-LOL. And at one point her fairy needed "those things that you touch and then hop over and then touch and then hop over." It took me a minute to figure out she was talking about crutches. I seriously think I needed some cute little girls to make me happy today. So thanks. :)
We did the same thing with Logan, but he jammed it in the stairs or something odd like that. Now that I think about it we have gone more then once to have a finger looked at.
poor Issac I am glad it is not broken and I love the way he thinks!
Post a Comment