"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Bugs take 2

Ugh.
Cosette started with a little cough the day after Isaac (so a little over a week ago) but it wasn't as bad so we weren't worried. Then she started getting a low grade fever at night, but still, the cough wasn't terrible so we didn't worry. Well, the cough started getting worse, bit by bit, and the fever continued all week, so I decided to take her in today. I almost didn't because I figured it was RSV and there wasn't anything they could do. Well, the Dr said it may have started out as RSV but it's turned into pneumonia. Fun. She's still happy so I'm still not terribly worried, but it's a bummer that she has to go through this. They gave her a breathing treatment but that did nothing to improve her lungs, so he sent us home on antibiotics with instructions to bring her back in if it gets worse or the fever doesn't go away. I'm not anticipating having to bring her back, but we'll see.

The picture makes her look like she feels worse than she really does. She's actually quite happy and chipper. Pretty much the only symptom is a horrendous cough.

2 comments:

Becky said...

So sad to see kids sick, I hope she gets better soon.

The Mathis Family said...

That sucks Leah. I'm so sorry!