"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This and That

I've recently rediscovered Dr. Mario and play it every once in a while (okay fine, every day), so Debbie made me this sign to put on the tv.
Do you notice the wii remote in my hand? I got the message, no more Dr. Mario for me. :)
~
Cosette is still in her crib. We have a crib tent which makes it convient because we can zip her in and keep her contained when she's in time out. Well, a few days ago she discovered a way to unzip herself. So yesterday she was throwing a tantrum and I counted her and she suddenly got a gleam in her eye and continued to cry even with a small smile on her face. I could SEE in her face that she was thinking, "Put me in time out mom, you'll see, I'm smart and I'll just get right out." So, we got to three and as I picked her up to carry her to her crib she laughed and then continued laughing as I zipped her up. But I had a trick. I put the loop at the end of the zipper around the rod at the end and she can't unzip it from the inside. So I left the room and it was quiet for a minute or two and then suddenly she started crying and screaming. Haha! She thought she was sooo smart.
I've discovered a trick to helping Isaac clean. I think he's like me, he sees a big mess and gets totally overwhelmed and just sits down and won't do anything. So a few weeks ago as we were cleaning out his room I asked him to help and he refused so I said, "Just pick up ONE toy and put it in the box, that's all, just ONE toy." He hopped down and picked up one toy and then continued picking up until it was all clean.


These are my boys talking about dinasaurs before bed.

6 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

haha...good job smart momma :) I loved your earlier post. I have seen some other parents post things on fb about that book. I am interested to read it. So funny though, just based on the info that you put in the post I started testing the phrase "I am proud of your hard work", "You are a hard worker" and the results were amazing...Im not kidding, I couldn't believe what was going on !! Nuts ! So I really want to read it now to see what all there is to it.

Mary Ludwig said...

I used to be a Dr. Mario addict! That game is amazing! Lol. I loved these stories!

The Mathis Family said...

It's ok Leah, I'm a recovering Mario Kart addict. We've totally been there! And don't you love it when you can prove that mom IS the boss and not the kids! I still lose those battles most of the time...so a victory for any mom makes me feel better.

s a r a s o d a 1 said...

You're so awesome Leah!!!!

Unknown said...

that is great, I can totally see Cosette trying to work it out. Debbie is so smart and I guess she knows what she wants

Becky said...

I don't know what Dr. Mario is, but sounds like it would be best to keep it that way.